maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 9844
SDK content not fully localized by default (Russian)
Last modified: 2010-04-19 16:58:26 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
(Settings > General > About product)
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Install Maemo SDK and scratchbox using GUI installer
2. add extras and extras-devel repositories
3. install nokia-apps and nokia-binaries
4. run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
5. run af-sb-init.sh start
6. change locale to Russian
7. run af-sb-init.sh restart
All buttons, messages and system widgets are show Russian text messages.
The identifiers are shown (for example, wdgt_va_24h_time instead of current
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
I found bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7256 . When I set fallback
locale manually the identifiers was changed to correct English messages.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; ru; rv:126.96.36.199)
Gecko/20100214 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.8
So this is not about Scratchbox itself, but the SDK?
I thought that translations are not available in the SDK at all, so which UI
elements are correctly shown in Russian at all?
(In reply to comment #1)
> So this is not about Scratchbox itself, but the SDK?
Yes. I mean, Maemo environment running under Scratchbox.
> I thought that translations are not available in the SDK at all, so which UI
> elements are correctly shown in Russian at all?
Most elements are correctly shown.
I found the following UI elements that not correctly shown:
- "Save" button in most applications (wdgtbdsave)
- "Done" button in most applications (wdgt_bd_done)
- time widget on desktop (wdgt_va_24h_time)
- elements in clock config (wdgt_va_date_long, wdgt_ti_time, etc)
- elements in file browser (sfil_li_folder_*)
- save dialog in web browser (sfil_ti_save_file, sfil_fi_save_objects_location,
Is this a fresh installation of the latest (PR1.2) SDK, or updated?
(In reply to comment #3)
> Is this a fresh installation of the latest (PR1.2) SDK, or updated?
I have two SDK installed at 08.01.2010 and 15.10.2009. Both installations
contains Changelog with last record
Mon Aug 24 13:29:39 EEST 2009 Jussi Hakala <email@example.com>
I try to test on fresh installation ASAP.
Full localization support in the SDK is not tested and thus I can not tell if
it supposed to work or not. Having said that, I will check if it is feasible to
provide some unofficial support or fix to enable language changing in the SDK.