maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 9532
Search: can input numbers and other "blue" characters only with -holding- "alt" key
Last modified: 2010-03-15 20:55:13 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Run Maps, go to searching
2. use a hardware keyboard for next step:
3. press "alt" button, press (any) digit button or e.g. "g"
should display a digit or "alternate" character ("_" for "g")
there is english letter displayed - like if I haven't "alt" key pressed.
To achieve expected result, I must HOLD the "alt" key while typing digits etc.
This is incompatible behavior with the rest of Maemo.
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
I am using czech version of N900 - with czech hardware keyboard layout
I have tried this in the newer, internal (non-public) version 2010.10-2 and it
works for me. I press ↗, release the key, and then press G. I get a _ in the
Hence the next public update will include the fix.
To answer popular followup questions:
* Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance.
* There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions.
A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the
fix will be available to users).
Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).