Bug 9382 - (int-159255) Synchronization of "Calendar and Tasks" with Exchange 2003 causes N900 overload
(int-159255)
: Synchronization of "Calendar and Tasks" with Exchange 2003 causes N900 overload
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 7971
Product: Synchronization
Mail for Exchange
: 5.0/(3.2010.02-8)
: N900 Maemo
: Unspecified normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: unassigned
: activesync-bugs
:
: performance, use-time
:
:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2010-03-03 18:32 UTC by sam
Modified: 2010-03-09 01:42 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description sam (reporter) 2010-03-03 18:32:54 UTC
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Exchange 2003

EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM: 
1. Go to Settings / Mail for Exchange
2. Configure mailbox and contact synchronization only. All works fine.
3. Configure to sync Calendar and Tasks with default settings
4. Start synchronization

EXPECTED OUTCOME: Calendar and tasks sync'ed, obviously

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
1. Mail for Exchange gets stuck on "Synchronizing"
2. CPU gets hammered by /usr/sbin/as-daemon :

Mem: 238312K used, 7228K free, 0K shrd, 8252K buff, 57160K cached
CPU: 95.6% usr  4.1% sys  0.0% nice  0.0% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  0.1% softirq
Load average: 1.30 0.93 0.50
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   RSS %MEM %CPU COMMAND
 1422     1 user     R     9800  3.9 92.1 /usr/sbin/as-daemon -D
--pidfile=/var/
  739   681 root     S <   2156  0.8  1.9 /sbin/mce --force-syslog
 1114   980 user     S     7992  3.2  1.5 /usr/bin/hildon-desktop
  810   681 root     S <  16928  6.8  1.1 /usr/bin/Xorg -logfile
/tmp/Xorg.0.log
 1106   980 user     S    10120  4.1  0.7 /usr/bin/hildon-status-menu
   10     2 root     SW       0  0.0  0.7 [omap2_mcspi]
  807     2 root     SW       0  0.0  0.5 [sgx_misr]


3. Synchronization never finishes
4. Battery gets fully drained in 2-3 hours

REPRODUCIBILITY: always

EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:

OTHER COMMENTS:

User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US)
AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.89 Safari/532.5
Comment 1 Andre Klapper maemo.org 2010-03-03 22:29:23 UTC
Hi Sam, thanks for reporting this!
Comment 2 technoswiss 2010-03-08 18:43:57 UTC
I'm having the same problem with my N900 and Exchange 2003.

Some additional information...


If I setup in Mail for Exchange to use Mail for Exchange folder as calendar,
then before the sync I uncheck Mail for Exchange as visible then it syncs fine.
I can see in the Edit Calendars menu where you can make calendars visible that
I have 163 events in my Mail for Exchange calendar. As soon as I mark it
visible and save however the calendar locks up. If I reboot my device and try
to open the calendar, it will open, I can see a couple of appointments for the
week, but then the calendar locks up. The only way I've found to get out of
this is to delete the files under .calendar.
Comment 3 technoswiss 2010-03-08 18:48:07 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> I'm having the same problem with my N900 and Exchange 2003.
> 
> Some additional information...
> 
> 
> If I setup in Mail for Exchange to use Mail for Exchange folder as calendar,
> then before the sync I uncheck Mail for Exchange as visible then it syncs fine.
> I can see in the Edit Calendars menu where you can make calendars visible that
> I have 163 events in my Mail for Exchange calendar. As soon as I mark it
> visible and save however the calendar locks up. If I reboot my device and try
> to open the calendar, it will open, I can see a couple of appointments for the
> week, but then the calendar locks up. The only way I've found to get out of
> this is to delete the files under .calendar.
> 

Sorry, I guess this is actually related to bug report #7971
Comment 4 sam (reporter) 2010-03-09 01:42:10 UTC
> Sorry, I guess this is actually related to bug report #7971

Thanks for pointing tis out, this seems to be a duplicate of 7971. I'm marking
it as such.


*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 7971 ***