maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 9010
Merging contacts, unable to select neither as an option in conflict field
Last modified: 2010-08-31 15:27:34 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Create a contact & call A1 with Nickname A1
2. Create a contact & call A2 with Nickname A2
3. Merge contact A1 & A2
Conflict field appears, user able to choose neither A1 nor A2, to leave the
Nickname field blank.
Conflict field appears, user have to select either A1 or A2.
This has been fixed in the internal build version
2010.06-3 (and probably earlier already).
(Note: 2009/2010 is the year, and the number after is the week.)
You can choose from a dropdown now ("Resolve merge conflicts").
A future public update will include the fix. (This is not always already the
next public update.)
To answer popular followup questions:
* Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance.
* There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions.
A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the
fix will be available to users).
Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).
Not fixed in PR1.2
1. Create a contact John Doe with nick Dad
2. Create a contact John Doe with nick Mum
3. Click one of these contacts
4. From menubar choose "Merge contact"
5. Choose the other John Doe from list
6. Click "Done"
7. Get "Resolve merge conflicts" dialog with "Nickname" dropdown providing both
values (Dad and Mum).
Works fine for me.
Please provide a screenshot (and remove any confidential data before).
Closing this bug report as the issue could not be reproduced. Please feel free
to reopen this report if you can provide better steps to reproduce this.