maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 8775
Skype profile based phone numbers with spaces don't identify caller
Last modified: 2010-02-02 22:16:53 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Add your Skype account details
2. Receive a bunch of Skype contacts
3. Check that some contact contains a telephone number with spaces in it (the
other user has added telephone number to his/her Skype profile) and that the
number doesn't exist in your other contacts already
4. Dial to that number to confirm that the number is correct (not a Skype call)
5. The name of the user is displayed in the call dialog, end call
6. Now receive a call from the same number (not a Skype call)
You see the name and the avatar of the Skype user
You only see the number, not the name and avatar
10/10 with two conditions met:
1. The Skype contact must have telephone number entered in the profile
2. The phone number must have one or more spaces in it (to ease readibility of
the internationally formatted telephone number, I think)
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
Many, but confirmed after a flashing, too
Suggested solution: Strip spaces from the imported phone numbers during the
import process, affecting the "cached" number of the contact.
Thanks for reporting this.
This is actually the same issue as bug 6945 which has been already fixed
internally. See the last comment in that report for more information.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 6945 ***