maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 8573
Conversation doesn't respect aspect ratio in avatars
Last modified: 2010-04-14 13:31:08 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Externally set non-square avatar (setting avatar on device will crop it to
square) in jabber or skype.
1. Have some person with non-square avatar in roster.
2. Start conversation where at least one avatar won't be square.
3. Observe how avatars are displayed.
Avatars in conversation are displayed as in conversation list.
Avatars are stretch-scaled to fit into square in conversation window.
See bug 7683.
*** Bug 8534 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 8823 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This has been fixed in package
and internal build version 10.2010.06-7.
The fix will be part of the next public update.
To answer popular followup questions:
* Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance.
* There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions.
A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at
*** Bug 9256 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the
fix will be available to users).
Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).
*** Bug 9103 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***