maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 8396
FM Transmitter displays gibberish text in Radio player
Last modified: 2010-03-15 20:55:51 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Tap on N900 Media Player;
2. Tap on Music;
3. Tap on a music.
4. Tap on Play (music is playing).
5. Tap on Menu and tap on FM Transmitter.
6. Tap on FM Transmitter On.
7. Tap on Save.
8. Set the Radio player station (Radio player supports RDS station and info
9. Music is playing the the Radio player.
10. Gibberish text is displayed in Radio player.
Expected "Nokia" to be displayed, in Radio player, has RDS station (e.g. other
text set by fmtx_client tool).
Gibberish text is displayed in Radio player.
Sometimes no text is displayed.
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
In the shell I executed the fmtx_client tool and the output was:
-f<uint> Set frequency (in kHz)
-s<string> Set RDS station name
-t<string> Set RDS info text
-p<uint> Turn fmtx on (1) or off (0)
Current settings (Frequencies in kHz):
note: "<ARTIST>/<ALBUM>/<TRACK NAME>" isn't the actual output...
Since the Media Player appears to be sending track metadata to the RDS text, an
expected resolution should be:
1. leave the rds_ps text unchanged and set the track metadata to the rds_text.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:18.104.22.168)
Gecko/20070725 Firefox/22.214.171.124 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Thanks for reporting this.
*** Bug 8665 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This has been fixed in package
which is part of the internal build version
(Note: 2009/2010 is the year, and the number after is the week.)
A future public update released with the year/week later than this internal
build version will include the fix. (This is not always already the next public
Please verify that this new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as
VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time.
To answer popular followup questions:
* Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance.
* There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions.
A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the
fix will be available to users).
Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).