maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 8288
application manager restore shouldn't list packages that will lose a replaces-conflicts contest with the current system
Last modified: 2010-08-25 20:30:30 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. open hildonappmanager
2. add a repository w/ package 'a'
3. install package 'a'
4. open backup
5. create a backup
6. give it a name
7. only select application list
8. create it
9. open hildonappmanager
10. add a repository w/ package 'b' that conflicts with and provides 'a'
11. remove package 'a'
12. add package 'b'
13. open backup
14. restore the backup from step 8
15. confirm the close applications dialog
16. you should be asked if you want to open hildonappmanager, open it.
17. if you don't get the restore dialog, tap the title area and choose restore
18. Only select 'a'
19. Select restore
Somewhere around step 18, 'a' shouldn't be offered because 'b' is already
installed and it conflicts and replaces 'a'.
After 19, you get a can't add 'a'. Conflicting packages.
(This bug is based on some other packages, but i'll provide the test packages
1. load http://timeless.justdave.net/maemo/bugs-maemo-8288/test.install in your
browser, this skips you through steps 1..15 roughly.
2. open applicationmanager
3. tap title area
4. tap restore
5. tap yes
6. tap the checkbox
7. tap continue
Does this still happen in 10.2010.19-1?