maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 7797
Bugs got lost during server move?
Last modified: 2010-02-19 00:46:55 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
On Friday 8th Jan 2010 I reported bug #7792 "Release source code on open
licence" for Calendar component. On Saturday it was not present in bug tracker.
First I suspected that someone killed that bug to hide such request but no,
#7780 was also not present so it was looking like someone upgraded Bugzilla
with old backup.
Please check situation and re-add lost bugs.
and http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-community/2010-January/003693.html .
No more data should get lost as the reason has been found, however it's
currently unclear how complex it is to re-add the lost data.
Can you also try to elaborate the start time and the end time for this issue?
Then I can walk trough the mails I got in this time frame to "restore" some of
Given our infrastructure, I am pretty sure that we have lost changes from
08/Jan/2010 04:00UTC - 10.01.2010 04:00 UTC .
I have restored the stuff I had in my bugmail and also tried to contact
reporters in case of lost reports if I had their email addresses (unfortunately
not too often).
Don't know how complex a database diff/partial restore is, leaving that up to
The "will not happen again" part is fixed, don't know if this report is also
about the "please restore" part which unfortunately might be WONTFIX.
This of course also means that Bugzilla accounts created in those 48 hours do
not exist anymore.
Just to clarify:
maemo.org Bugzilla accounts NEVER get DELETED. It's simply not possible.
(If at all, accounts can get disabled in case of abuse, but still an
explanation is displayed when trying to log in.)
So, realistically speaking, this data will not be restored (quite complicated
to merge with the changes that have happened in the meantime), hence closing as