Bug 766 - recode eats data
: recode eats data
Status: CLOSED INVALID
Product: Desktop platform
Internationalization
: 2.0
: All Maemo
: Medium normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Maemo QA (deprecated)
: i18n-bugs
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2006-09-19 11:56 UTC by Marius Gedminas
Modified: 2008-12-06 17:47 UTC (History)
0 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description Marius Gedminas (reporter) 2006-09-19 11:56:06 UTC
I had a large text file encoded in Windows-1252 on my 770.  I wanted to convert
it to UTF-8 so that I could edit it.  iconv wasn't up for the job (for some
reason it doesn't support cp1252, although it does support all other cp125x
encodings).  recode -l claimed that it did support cp1252, so I ran it on my
file in an xterm:

  recode 1252..UTF-8 filename.txt

Instead of recoding, recode truncated my file to 0 size.
Comment 1 Marius Gedminas (reporter) 2006-09-21 15:16:16 UTC
Oops, I had forgotten that I got recode from a package I built myself, and that
it doesn't come as a standard package.  Sorry about the noise.
Comment 2 Jake Kunnari 2007-11-28 12:50:10 UTC
Closing. Bug has been marked as INVALID. If problem/bug still exists, please
reopen it with proper comments.