maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 6530
Drops WLAN connection to Linksys WRT610N after 10-15 minutes
Last modified: 2010-01-15 14:19:50 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
When using WLAN, the connection gets dropped after a while. If automatic
connection to 3G networks is enabled, the device will connect to the 3G
The N900 connects against a Linksys WRT610N access point.
N900 stays connected as long as it is in reach of said Router.
N900 gets disconnected.
Always after around 10 to 15 minutes.
I tried fiddling with the WLAN options for that connections - e.g. setting
powersaving to Medium instead of Strongest. The outcome is still the same.
Created an attachment (id=1657) [details]
dmesg from when the connection gets dropped
The connection drops at
[20703.080474] slide (GPIO 71) is now closed
The lines before show that the connection has been opened, associated and
Thanks for reporting this.
Kalle, I highly assume that this is the same issue as int-140075 (N900 gets
deauthenticated sometimes when it sends data after being in idle mode for some
time). Do you agree or is more info needed here?
(In reply to comment #0)
> I tried fiddling with the WLAN options for that connections - e.g. setting
> powersaving to Medium instead of Strongest. The outcome is still the same.
Did you also try to completely disable Power Saving Mode?
(Also see bug 5708.)
(In reply to comment #2)
> (In reply to comment #0)
> > I tried fiddling with the WLAN options for that connections - e.g. setting
> > powersaving to Medium instead of Strongest. The outcome is still the same.
> Did you also try to completely disable Power Saving Mode?
> (Also see bug 5708.)
Yes, disabling power saving seems to fix the issue (no disconnects during the
last 90 minutes).
This has been fixed in package
which is part of the internal build version
(Note that 2009 is the year and the number after is the week.)
Any public update released with or after this build version will include the
Please verify that the new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as
VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time.
For your information, Nokia does not announce release dates of updates in
The problem reported here should be fixed in the update released today for
public: The Maemo5 update version 2.2009.51-1 (also called "PR1.1" sometimes).
Please leave a comment if the problem is not fixed for you in this update
The issue has been fixed for me with the firmware update.
Thanks for checking again!