maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 5744
Volume slider doesn't notice when you plug in headphones
Last modified: 2010-01-14 12:26:36 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM:
1. Start playing some music
2. Plug in headphones
3. Make sure the volume slider is set to something like 50%
4. Unplug headphones
5. Make sure the volume slider is set to 0% (i.e. muted)
6. Plug in headphones -- you hear the sound
7. Unplug headphones -- the sound is muted
Which is extremely nice!
Now for the bug itself:
8. Make sure the statusbar is not open
9. Plug in headphones
10. Open the statusbar widgets, look at the volume slider -- it will display
11. Unplug headphones without touching the statusbar
No sound is coming from the speakers, volume slider says 0%
No sound is coming from the speakers, volume slider says 50%
If you now close the statusbar and reopen it, the volume slider correctly says
0%. The user should not have to force a refresh in this manner, the statusbar
volume plugin should notice headphone events and switch to the correct
pulseaudio mixer or whatever it does.
This will be fixed in maemo-statusmenu-volume 0.41.
This has been fixed in package
which is part of the internal build version
(Note that 2009 is the year and the number after is the week.)
Any public update released with or after this build version will include the
Please verify that the new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as
VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time.
The problem reported here should be fixed in the update released today for
public: The Maemo5 update version 2.2009.51-1 (also called "PR1.1" sometimes).
Please leave a comment if the problem is not fixed for you in this update