maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 5642
Last modified: 2009-10-22 17:29:07 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
1.5.5d on N800.
SOME USABILITY NOTES ON TOOLBAR:
Just to cut down the unnecessary amount of small enhancement requests I just
put all which came to mind into this when looking the toolbar.
1) I assume that users have usually only one password file. If it is so, then
the new file and open file buttons are necessary only in the menu.
2) Save button should be is disabled unless there are unsaved modifications.
Otherwise the user might be confused - is the file saved or not?
3) As it is not usual occurence to save the file on different name, the <save
as> button can be removed from the toolbar as it is in the menu.
4) Changing the file password is not so used feature either, so it is not
necessary on the toolbar.
5) Fullscreen icon which looks like magnifying glass next to the text field is
immediately associated with the search.
6) There could be "search..." in gray in the search box to tip of the user.
When the box would be selected the text would vanish.
Some my suggestion for the toolbar would be:
[save] [close] | [add] | ["search..."] | [fullscreen]
except for the "placeholder" already present in fremantle, I do agree
1.5.5e leaves only "Add" and filter in the toolbar (no place holder though in