maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 5392
"Ładowanie" used without distinction between "charging" and "loading"
Last modified: 2010-03-02 23:15:51 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
(Control Panel > General > About product)
This has been a problem with Nokia products for years.
The word "Ładowanie" should never be used in the context of "Loading"
applications. The appropriate term is and always has been "Wczytywanie".
"Ładowanie" can be used in the context of:
1) Charging the battery (you can see the potential for confusion here)
2) Loading coal onto a wheelbarrow, never loading applications
Please change the word "Ładowanie" to "Wczytywanie" in the context of
"Loading". "Ładowanie" should only be there when the battery is being charged.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; pl-PL; rv:184.108.40.206)
Gecko/2009090216 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.14
Thanks for reporting this.
Please always use the bug template.
Can you please provide an exact way to reproduce this so the string can be seen
in the User Interface?
By the way, http://en.pl.open-tran.eu/suggest/Loading shows similar results.
This can be found in various places, for example in the Maps application:
Tap on the upper right corner button and choose e.g. "Obliczanie trasy" (the
middle button). "Ładowanie aplikacji" will appear for a moment while the UI is
I can't find any more examples at this moment, but it would be great if someone
could just grep through the translation sources in search for this word and
change it where necessary (while being careful about the "charging" case).
I also found "Ładowanie urządzenia" in the very first screen when you first
start the device (factory new). Some sort of a welcome wizard screen, then it
asks about time, date, etc.
It seems like there is only one place outside of the Maps translation where
this happens: startup_ia_startup_screen_text should become Wczytywanie
Fixed in internal week 43 build.
Any public update released with or after this build version (x.2009.43-y) will
include the fix.
Please verify that the new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as
VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time.
"In the next update of Maps we have removed the service switcher so the
"Loading Maplet" note is not shown anymore. We only have "downloading data"
note that is translated as "Pobieranie danych", which should be correct."
The problem reported here should be fixed in the update released today for
public: The Maemo5 update version 2.2009.51-1 (also called "PR1.1" sometimes).
Please leave a comment if the problem is not fixed for you in this update