Bug 4113 - sqlite error: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'name'
: sqlite error: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'name'
Status: NEW
Product: Canola
Media Scanner
: 2.0~beta11
: N800 Maemo
: Medium normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)
: general-bugs
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2009-02-13 16:25 UTC by art.m
Modified: 2014-03-08 10:28 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
This file triggers the error (137 bytes, text/plain)
2009-02-13 16:39 UTC, art.m
Details


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description art.m (reporter) 2009-02-13 16:25:54 UTC
SOFTWARE VERSION:
(Control Panel > General > About product)
5.2008.43-7

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM:
* Start canola -vv
* Add a folder with mp3 files to the audio library
  Path: Internal Card/Audio/LMT/Progresivo
* Search for Multiple Album Entries

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
The list of albums with multiple album enties

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
Nothing in the screen
In Terminal I get this error:
12345.34082.6008  ERROR  model:587:load()  sqlite error: Could not decode to
UTF-8 column 'name' with text ' P'

REPRODUCIBILITY:
(always/sometimes/once)
always

EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
Canola2 FlatBlack Theme     1.0.4-maemo2
Canola2 Tuning Plugin       0.2.2-maemo1
Canola2 Youtube Plugin      1.0.4-maemo2


OTHER COMMENTS:
It happens with almost half of my files


User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; es-AR; rv:1.9.0.6)
Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Comment 1 art.m (reporter) 2009-02-13 16:39:51 UTC
Created an attachment (id=1123) [details]
This file triggers the error

Download the file
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gd22mnwi2yz

Path to where I have the file:
/media/mmc2/Audio/LMT/Progresivo/
Comment 2 Luis Felipe 2009-02-13 20:48:10 UTC
Art, could you please tell us which software you used to tag that file?
Comment 3 art.m (reporter) 2009-02-14 01:12:27 UTC
I don't know what software was used the first time it was tagged. What I tried
was to remove all tags using MP3tag and Foobar but even without tags the error
still comes up.
Comment 4 art.m (reporter) 2009-02-14 03:20:59 UTC
Using this software:
http://www.dalepreston.com/Blog/2007/02/id3-raw-tag-viewer.html
I was able to find what was triggering the error.
In genre had an HEX value off FF and in text was ΓΏ, so what i did was delete
the tag with this same software and then added the tag again with foobar, after
that canola worked just fine.
Comment 5 art.m (reporter) 2009-02-14 03:31:19 UTC
Sorry about that, the genre tag still there on the fixed mp3. So to stop
sending you emails i'll just make a comment when you ask for one.