maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 3549
Package built by the autobuilder not appearing in the repository
Last modified: 2008-09-23 15:32:13 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
I am trying to get a new package (canola-flickr-plugin) into the extras-devel
repositories since 20080805, everything seems to work fine on my side, the
autobuilder builds the package fine (see , , ,  and ), but the
package just does not appear in the repository.
There is only an empty directory on repository.maemo.org, see  and .
Even the sources are listed on the webserver, see  and .
I hope that this issue can be resolved soon, it is really annoying. :)
This is what I see in the log for the repository queue manager:
info: Checking .changes file...
info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.dsc ok
info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.tar.gz ok
info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2_i386.changes file OK
info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.dsc ->
info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.tar.gz ->
It only copies your sources.
Now we need to find out why..
Change to default priority as required for Sprint.
This bug appears for package PyAno, too. It is built successfully.  And a
folder is created in extras-devel repo, but it is empty.  Also, PyAno has no
sources shown, either. 
Any news on this bug?
It seems that there is a third package which is affected by this bug,
maemo-mapper, it was built OK on 20080817, see , but it did not appear in
Created an attachment (id=936) [details]
Small script to find packages which were built fine, but are missing in the
Takes as parameter a uncompressed mbox-file with -m, generated mine from the
gzipped mboxes from https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/
and a uncompressed Packages file with -p, i tested with
The results were the following:
chelli@w3n:~/extras-builder$ ./package-tester.py -m test.mbox -p
Missing packages in Packages file Packages-diablo-20080915:
I have been chasing this problem and I think I have found a clue.
All these packages are still in the incoming queue for extras devel.
When I looked at the changes files for canola2-flickr-pluging, maemo-mappper
and pyano, I noticed that they all use a capitalized section name:
user/Multimedia, maemo/Applications, user/Apps.
I guess this causes a problem. I'm not sure it is even allowed. Can somebody
try to upload the same package but with a valid section? Please see the Maemo
Packaging Policy for a list:
Let's see if that helps.
You are right, this really was the reason, i just changed the section from
user/Multimedia to user/multimedia in my case and now it appeared in the
While i think that it is really a good idea to force maintainers to use the
pre-defined sections, it would be much better to warn the maintainer in the
case that there is such a problem instead of silently ignoring the package. ;-)
I have also run into this when releasing nokia binaries. A bug/feature in queue
manager. It could be fixed in queue manager, when it strips the pgp signature
from the changes file it could change the section names to small letters in the
same function. Now let's find someone who has time to fix it.