maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 2286
hearts + thumbs down should be available with article head
Last modified: 2008-05-07 17:59:20 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM:
1. visit planet.maemo.org
2. start reading a long article
3. decide you don't like it
4. scroll down until you reach the next article (this may take a while)
5. discover the article has 0 hearts and many thumbs down
1. at least the current rankings should be available at the article's headline.
2. a link to the next article would also be appreciated
3. a hint about the article's length would also be appreciated
lots of time wasted reading an article no one liked
i know this feature could negatively affect my articles as they tend to be
long, but that's merely further incentive to make sure they're good :)
It makes sense to have the hearts+thumbs *always* at the top, next to the title
as we are doing already with the announcements:
Link to next article I'd rather not touch anything since this is not so badly
needed (nobody asked before, the planets I use don't have them either, don't
want to add any other UI element unless needed).
Same for wordcount or something.
The fav icons are now below the title on the planet articles.
I don't think we need to change it on pages where we only show excepts. We
might move the whole fav, pubdate, author line below the title for those except
articles. Like on http://maemo.org/news
I'll close this bug, the proposed enhancement can be filed as a separate bug.
the rendering w/ noscript is bad. i'll file another bug if you don't fix it
before the next time i read planet :)