maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 12476
Deadlock: Message pop-up and new feed dialog block each other
Last modified: 2011-10-24 15:07:20 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
SOFTWARE VERSION: 2.20 (happened with earlier versions too, but is confirmed on
(Settings > General > About product)
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
(Explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see (e.g. message
Connection Failed appears))
1. Have gPodder started and downloads running
2. Switch to the browser (MicroB) with a page containing an RSS-feed loaded
3. Something makes gPodder downloads fail (a URL not found for next download)
4. In the browser: chose to add bookmark and select gPodder to handle the RSS
5. Focus will now shift to gPodder where an error dialog tells you about the
failed download. The dialog asking you to confirm the new feed immediately
shows and the error dialog is dimmed.
6. You can neither click the dimmed error dialog, nor click to confirm the new
feed. (I have found no way to get further but killing gPodder.)
EXPECTED OUTCOME: Either of the dialogs must be given higher priority, to
prevent one from show until the other is confirmed/closed by user or
ACTUAL OUTCOME: gPodder is not responsive and has to be killed from outside.
REPRODUCIBILITY: I'm not 100% sure this reproduces all the time, but it
happened to me numerous times when I was adding multiple feeds and initiated
downloads as part of the process.
(always, less than 1/10, 5/10, 9/10)
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
OTHER COMMENTS: Out of topic - I really love gPodder on N900 and it's
connection to gpodder.net! Thanks for the good work!