maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 11734
https://vcs.maemo.org certificate has expired
Last modified: 2014-03-08 10:29:15 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
The certificate for https://vcs.maemo.org has expired and hence is no longer
accepted as valid.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Try to connect to https://vcs.maemo.org e.g. with a browser like firefox.
2. You'll see a warning about "This Connection is Untrusted".
3. On closer inspection: "I understand the risk" -> "Add Exception" -> "Get
Certificate" -> "View" it can be seen that the certificate expired on
This result could also be reproduced with subversion on the command line
connecting to https://vcs.maemo.org:443.
The detailed error message is:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://vcs.maemo.org:443':
- The certificate has expired.
- Hostname: vcs.maemo.org
- Valid: from Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:00:00 GMT until Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:59:59
- Issuer: www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign,
VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, VeriSign, Inc., VeriSign Trust
- Fingerprint: 0b:71:5b:92:dd:15:23:3e:ad:91:a5:bc:68:72:6d:39:77:7f:6d:ab
Certificate should be issued by a trusted CA and be valid.
Certificate is issued by a trusted CA but has expired.
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
We have the renewed certificate on the server, but it was not installed on the
load balancer yet. Requested the ISP to take care of this installation asap.