maemo.org Bugzilla – Bug 10218
importing an ical file does not create any events on the newly created calendar
Last modified: 2010-10-01 17:03:36 UTC
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
1. Download http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/schedule.en.ics
2. Copy the file to the device with scp as /home/user/MyDocs/schedule.en.ics
3. Start the File manager application
4. Navigate to the file
5. Click on it
6. A menu shows up saying "Adding 44 events" in the top left corner
7. Select "Create a new calendar"
8. Click "Save"
9. The calendar app appears, no error messages are shown
10. In the calendar app, select "Settings"
11. Then select "Edit calendars"
12. There is a "schedule" calendar available, and its description says "(Local,
13. The events from the imported ical file do not appear on the calendar
The newly created calendar is populated with the events defined in the ical
The newly created calendar is empty
EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
nothing relevant to ical, calendar, etc.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168)
Thanks for reporting this!
I can confirm this in the internal version 2010.12-9 also when opening it
directly in Calendar app instead of saving it first.
I stumbled over this bug yesterday when trying to import some hand-crafted .ics
After some playing around I think I found the cause:
The import chokes if a VEVENT has DTSTART and DURATION set. It works perfectly
if I add DTEND to each VEVENT.  (With or without DURATION.)
IMO this is a violation of RFC 2445  which says, in my understanding, that
both DURATION and DTEND are optional; 4.6.1 also explains when events without
those fields are supposed to end.
 In the example from this bug report:
perl -pe 's/^DTSTART;(.*)/DTSTART;$1\r\nDTEND;$1/g' schedule.en.ics >