Bug 10006 - Msn (Haze) changes port settings to -2147483648 by itself
: Msn (Haze) changes port settings to -2147483648 by itself
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: Chat & Call & SMS
Messaging
: 5.0/(3.2010.02-8)
: N900 Maemo
: Unspecified normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: rtcomm@maemo.org
: im-chat-bugs
: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug...
: upstream
:
:
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2010-04-22 18:20 UTC by Benedict Meier
Modified: 2010-10-11 15:04 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description Benedict Meier (reporter) 2010-04-22 18:20:57 UTC
03.2010.02-8

EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM: 

1. choose an internet connection
2. set availability of msn account to "online"
3. wait till msn connects
4. goto settings > VoIP and IM accounts > msn account > uncheck "enable"
5. press "save"
6. you will be asked for reconnect. press "no"
7. goto advanced settings of msn account


EXPECTED OUTCOME:
port number should be default "1863"

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
port number was changed to "-2147483648"

REPRODUCIBILITY:
always

EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
pidgin protocols plugin

OTHER COMMENTS:
with the port "-2147483648" connecting is not possible and has to be set
manually to "1863" again in order to connect.

User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US)
AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1059 Safari/532.5
Comment 1 Andre Klapper maemo.org 2010-04-23 14:54:40 UTC
http://maemo.org/packages/view/telepathy-extras/

I installed "Extra protocol plugins for Conversations and Contacts 0.8" and
after disabling Extras-Devel repository I succeed (before in Extras-Devel I got
a "upstart-job" dependency missing error when trying to install).

I can confirm this and assume that it's a telepathy-extras issue and not a
Maemo issue. As telepathy-extras is not official part of Maemo, can you please
file a bug report at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Telepathy&component=m5-account-plugins
and link to it from here?
Comment 2 Benedict Meier (reporter) 2010-04-23 16:22:21 UTC
done.
follow this link to track development of solution for bug:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27815
Comment 3 Andre Klapper maemo.org 2010-04-26 14:28:41 UTC
Thanks!
Comment 4 Ed Page 2010-04-26 18:38:21 UTC
For reference, I have users of The One Ring reporting similar issues.  From my
understanding Connection Managers only report what settings they accept and it
is up to the caller to store the users settings, in this case RTComm.  I am not
aware of anyway (besides a CM being evil and manipulating RTComm's settings
storage) that a CM could affect these settings.  The only case I can think of
where this might cause issues is if the CM changes what settings it wants.  The
One Ring has not done this in a while but I got a user reporting this issue
just the other day.

RTComm stores the settings at /home/user/.rtcom-accounts/accounts.cfg

I don't know if it would matter that much but posting the section that isn't
working (except password ;) ) might be helpful to some.
Comment 5 Andre Klapper maemo.org 2010-10-11 15:04:15 UTC
Closing in this bugtracker as INVALID as this should be handled in upstream
bugtracker (see URL field).