maemo.org Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||Media Player doesn't allow to search russian tags|
|Product:||[Maemo Official Applications] Media player||Reporter:||Dedaulus <dedaulus>|
|Status:||RESOLVED FIXED||QA Contact:||media-player-bugs|
|Priority:||Unspecified||CC:||ab, andre_klapper, ibrahim-younes|
SOFTWARE VERSION: (Settings > General > About product) 3.2010.02-8 EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM: (Explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see (e.g. message Connection Failed appears)) 1. Open Media Player 2. Type "Music" 3. Start typing any russian letters EXPECTED OUTCOME: Filter of songs list as you typing letters ACTUAL OUTCOME: Nothing happens REPRODUCIBILITY: (always, less than 1/10, 5/10, 9/10) always EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED: Extra Decoders Pack OTHER COMMENTS: When I type in english all works fine. I think it's not only russian problem, but I have only english and russian songs :) User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/126.96.36.199 Safari/532.5
Hi, > 3. Start typing any russian letters That is missing exact steps. As written, explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see. Please also provide your setting from "Settings > Text input > Hardware keyboard layout"
Hi, After a songs list has loaded, I open hardware keyboard. "Settings > Text input > Hardware keyboard layout" is Russian. Then I start typing any word (in Russian, of course). At the bottom of screen appears text box, in which I can see what I type now. But nothing happens with the song list. Filter doesn't work.
So you can successfully enter the first Cyrillic letter in that search field? That surprises me. I'm asking because there is one bug that blocks the very first letter in Cyrillic currently - see bug 8390. The other characters work. Does the filtering work when removing the first letter again that you had originally entered?
(In reply to comment #3) > So you can successfully enter the first Cyrillic letter in that search field? > That surprises me. I'm asking because there is one bug that blocks the very > first letter in Cyrillic currently - see bug 8390. The other characters work. > > Does the filtering work when removing the first letter again that you had > originally entered? > Unfortunately no, removing the first letter doesn't help. And yes, I can start type with the very first letter in Cyrillic.
Could you send me two such MP3 files by private email so I can test? :)
(In reply to comment #5) > Could you send me two such MP3 files by private email so I can test? :) > Done :)
Thanks. I stored the two music files in the audio clips folder. They were listed in Media Player afterwards. Then I set my hardware keyboard layout and also Language to Russian and rebooted. I can confirm that this does not work.
Andre, could you get tags from the Tracker and see if they are not damaged?
Alex: This is not a tracker, but an input issue - see the Alias field. If you still want me to do that, please post the exact command. Thanks :)
(In reply to comment #9) > Alex: This is not a tracker, but an input issue - see the Alias field. > > If you still want me to do that, please post the exact command. Thanks :) > I see now, thanks. Let's follow up on the aliased bug.
This has been fixed in package mediaplayer 1.2-16+0m5 which is part of the internal build version 10.2010.10-9 (Note: 2009/2010 is the year, and the number after is the week.) A future public update released with the year/week later than this internal build version will include the fix. (This is not always already the next public update.) Please verify that this new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time. To answer popular followup questions: * Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance. * There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions. A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/undelayed_bugfix_releases_for_nokia_open_source_packages-002/