maemo.org Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||High CPU usage for 15 seconds after page loaded (Deleting History helps)|
|Product:||[Maemo Official Applications] Browser||Reporter:||Oskar <mail>|
|Status:||RESOLVED FIXED||QA Contact:||microb-bugs|
|Priority:||Low||CC:||andre_klapper, eero.tamminen, guy.salazar, marat, martin, petechap, sharedpp|
I can CONFIRM this exact behavior.
*** This bug has been confirmed by popular vote. ***
More info: User crail from t.m.o. reported he could solve the problem by clearing the private data from the browser. Reading that, I tried to go through the options in "clear private data" step by step. I found out that deleting the "browsing history" is enough to solve this for me. No need to touch cache, cookies etc. (In fact, I started with deleting the cache first because I thought the cache is more likely to be the culprit. Deleting the cache didn't help at all. It was the history.)
My experience is similar, clearing out the history really made a difference to my CPU load and general responsiveness. I just wanted to point out another user's thread on TMO where (presumably) this high CPU was hurting interactivity, again solved by clearing history: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36703
Thanks for the investigations!
I can confirm this issue with my N900. If the music is playing you can bet the music will stutter.
thanks for the report, we believe we have a fix for this. we do not expect it will be available in the coming service release (which people can test as 51-1), but hopefully it will be in the following one.
Good to see progress is being made on this. Does this fix also correct the problems with history and thumbnails, that were documented in the original thread for this problem ?( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36569 ) Also, does this bug also correlate to the high cpu usage for 5-10 seconds after placing the cursor in text boxes on websites, or does that need to be created as a separate bug ?
(In reply to comment #8) > Does this fix also correct the problems with history and thumbnails, that were > documented in the original thread for this problem ?( Do you mean https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5684 ? I don't see any progress on that one. Best to assume that all issues are separate (& need separate bug reports) unless a developer tells us otherwise
This bug is very clearly related to history. A problem with text fields would almost certainly be entirely unrelated. Cluttering this bug with questions about it is unwelcome and hurts the ability for this bug to be fixed or analyzed or whatever. If you have questions about how to use Bugzilla, please ask on irc.freenode.net in #maemo-bugs One thing we absolutely do *not* want is one generic bug "Browser is slow" and one generic bug "Browser crashes". If we did that, we'd only need 5 bugs, and we'd never be able to close them. There are a couple of system (reboot) bugs which have been hijacked and suffer from this problem. Oskar: thank you very much for your bug report and the analysis. I'm very sorry to have had to pollute this bug and I hope never to have to do it again in this bug tracker (although this is unrealistic). PeteC: when we have a happier update, we'll indeed provide it in that bug. Thank you for your patience.
> My experience is similar, clearing out the history really made a difference to > my CPU load and general responsiveness. -> performance keyword.
fixed @ 2010.02-6
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the fix will be available to users). Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).