maemo.org Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||MfE calendar sync causes dummy email sync account to appear|
|Product:||[Maemo Official Platform] Synchronization||Reporter:||Alex Smirnoff <ark>|
|Component:||Mail for Exchange||Assignee:||unassigned <nobody>|
|Status:||RESOLVED FIXED||QA Contact:||activesync-bugs|
|Priority:||Low||CC:||andre_klapper, ark, ashre, ihok, martin, rodrigo|
SOFTWARE VERSION: 1.2009.42-11 EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM: 1. Set up calendar-only sync with exchange (uncheck "sync email" box) 2. Go to email application EXPECTED OUTCOME: Services list is unchanged ACTUAL OUTCOME: "Mail for Exchange" (though never updated) folder appears REPRODUCIBILITY: always EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED: OTHER COMMENTS: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090621 Remi/fc6 Firefox/3.5 GTB6
Thanks for reporting this. Which Exchange server version is this about? (In reply to comment #0) > EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM: > 1. Set up calendar-only sync with exchange (uncheck "sync email" box) > 2. Go to email application This is missing some steps: Explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see (e.g. message Connection Failed appears)
google. there are no failures as i do not sync email at all.
Using Google in MfE is currently unsupported. Adding dependency.
I confirm this bug. My MfE for Google account syncs only calendar and contacts, but the list of mail accounts (in Modest? not sure) includes the dummy MfE account.
------- Comment #5 from Martin Dengler 2010-01-10 02:51 GMT+3 ------- the bug is not specific to which exchange server is set. ------- So which ones did you test with?
A supported exchange server is not necessary. Anything that synchronises, even partially, causes the problem. I have tested with Exchange 2003 (supported AFAIK) and Google Mail (unsupported AFAIK, but works for me). Do you require additional detail to reproduce and/or mark as CONFIRMED?
I just looked at #6343 that was added as a dependency. In case it's possible to misunderstand my feedback, I don't see #6343 as a dependency. If more detail is required to remove #6343 as a dependency please let me know. (aside: do you not think this gmail-isn't-supported is a massive distraction? The mfe email account(s) just shows up in the email accounts list, even if it's not (currently being) synchronised. Nothing I've seen gives my any cause to suspect the exchange server version is at all relevant. Do you have any more reason to suspect it *is*?)
Sorry, I meant I've tested with Exchange 2007. I have been reading http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35136 too much and had 2003 on the mind. At work we use 2007.
And seems that the bug is not cosmetic nor harmless, being combined with another bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5503
(In reply to comment #8) > Sorry, I meant I've tested with Exchange 2007. So you say that you do not use Google with MfE at all?
The bug is present if one or more of the following obtain: - an exchange 2007 mfe account is defined - a google mfe account is defined
Removing Google dependency as per last comments. So is this still an issue with Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 in Maemo5 version 2.2009.51-1?
Yes (1.2009.44-1 though).
if you add an account on mail for exchange, but only sync calendar and/or contacts... it always show a dummy account on email ( modest ) repro on PR1.0, PR1.0.1 and PR1.1
*** Bug 7532 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This has been fixed in the internal build version 10.2010.05-13 (Note: 2009/2010 is the year, and the number after is the week.) A future public update released with the year/week later than this internal build version will include the fix. (This is not always already the next public update.) Please verify that this new version fixes the bug by marking this bug report as VERIFIED after the public update has been released and if you have some time. To answer popular followup questions: * Nokia does not announce release dates of public updates in advance. * There is currently no access to these internal, non-public build versions. A Brainstorm proposal to change this exists at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/undelayed_bugfix_releases_for_nokia_open_source_packages-002/
Setting explicit PR1.2 milestone (so it's clearer in which public release the fix will be available to users). Sorry for the bugmail noise (you can filter on this message).