maemo.org Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||Package built by the autobuilder not appearing in the repository|
|Product:||[Websites] maemo.org Website||Reporter:||Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt>|
|Component:||Autobuilder||Assignee:||Niels Breet <maemo>|
|Status:||RESOLVED FIXED||QA Contact:||repositories <repositories>|
|Attachments:||Small script to find packages which were built fine, but are missing in the Packages-file|
I am trying to get a new package (canola-flickr-plugin) into the extras-devel repositories since 20080805, everything seems to work fine on my side, the autobuilder builds the package fine (see , , ,  and ), but the package just does not appear in the repository. There is only an empty directory on repository.maemo.org, see  and . Even the sources are listed on the webserver, see  and . I hope that this issue can be resolved soon, it is really annoying. :)  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001676.html  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001677.html  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001742.html  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001743.html  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001793.html  http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/diablo/free/c/canola-flickr-plugin/  http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/chinook/free/c/canola-flickr-plugin/  http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/diablo/free/source/c/canola-flickr-plugin/  http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/chinook/free/source/c/canola-flickr-plugin/
Hi, This is what I see in the log for the repository queue manager: --- info: Checking .changes file... info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.dsc ok info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.tar.gz ok info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2_i386.changes file OK info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.dsc -> diablo/free/source/c/canola-flickr-plugin info: canola-flickr-plugin_0.0.1-2.tar.gz -> diablo/free/source/c/canola-flickr-plugin --- It only copies your sources. Now we need to find out why..
Change to default priority as required for Sprint.
This bug appears for package PyAno, too. It is built successfully.  And a folder is created in extras-devel repo, but it is empty.  Also, PyAno has no sources shown, either.  1. https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/001963.html 2. http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/diablo/free/p/pyano/ 3. http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/diablo/free/source/p/pyano/
Any news on this bug? It seems that there is a third package which is affected by this bug, maemo-mapper, it was built OK on 20080817, see , but it did not appear in the repository.  https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q3/002015.html
Created an attachment (id=936) [details] Small script to find packages which were built fine, but are missing in the Packages-file Takes as parameter a uncompressed mbox-file with -m, generated mine from the gzipped mboxes from https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/ and a uncompressed Packages file with -p, i tested with http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/dists/diablo/free/binary-armel/Packages from today. The results were the following: chelli@w3n:~/extras-builder$ ./package-tester.py -m test.mbox -p Packages-diablo-20080915 Missing packages in Packages file Packages-diablo-20080915: canola-flickr-plugin maemo-mapper pyano
I have been chasing this problem and I think I have found a clue. All these packages are still in the incoming queue for extras devel. When I looked at the changes files for canola2-flickr-pluging, maemo-mappper and pyano, I noticed that they all use a capitalized section name: user/Multimedia, maemo/Applications, user/Apps. I guess this causes a problem. I'm not sure it is even allowed. Can somebody try to upload the same package but with a valid section? Please see the Maemo Packaging Policy for a list: https://maemo.org/forrest-images/pdf/maemo-policy.pdf Let's see if that helps.
You are right, this really was the reason, i just changed the section from user/Multimedia to user/multimedia in my case and now it appeared in the repository. While i think that it is really a good idea to force maintainers to use the pre-defined sections, it would be much better to warn the maintainer in the case that there is such a problem instead of silently ignoring the package. ;-)
I have also run into this when releasing nokia binaries. A bug/feature in queue manager. It could be fixed in queue manager, when it strips the pgp signature from the changes file it could change the section names to small letters in the same function. Now let's find someone who has time to fix it.